Simple rules for interior decor
When decorating our home, we often face questions: how to hang pictures on the wall, what carpet or lamp to choose, how best to drape the curtains? In order not to waste time looking for answers on the Internet, in this article we have collected the basic decorating rules that will be useful to you when decorating your home. In any case, you can take a break and then place bets on the online National Casino PH.
How to hang photos: life hacks that will definitely come in handy
What is the best way to place paintings, photographs, various panels, a collection of plates that you would like to admire every day?
- For a single picture, the center of the image should be located at least 140–150 centimeters from the floor – this way the canvas will immediately attract attention.
- Between several large-format works of art, it is better to leave a distance of 5-8 centimeters. Place small objects closer to each other – then the gaps between them will not create a sense of fragmentation.
- When placing pictures above a sofa or other piece of furniture, group them so that they take up about 2/3 of its width. Otherwise, a group of works of art will look too bulky, and the space of the room will be visually smaller.
- If the picture is hanging above any piece of furniture, leave between them 15-25 centimeters. This will add air composition and allow guests to better view the paintings.
How to decorate the window: higher, wider, more voluminous
If you want the window in the room to look bigger, and the curtains to perform not only a protective function, but also decorate the room, a good solution would be to use draperies.
- To create the illusion of a taller window, install curtain rods 10–20 centimeters above the window opening. Even if the curtains are open, their extra length will give the window a visually larger size.
- To make your windows appear wider, add 10 to 25 centimeters to the length of the cornice on each side of the window. This rule works by analogy with the previous one: the window will appear larger, and the room will be more spacious and lighter.
- If you love drape, buy curtains 2-3 times the width of the window. For example, if you have two sheets of curtains on both sides of the window, then each of them should be from 1 to 1.5 times the width of the window opening, otherwise the magical drapery effect will disappear.
Choosing a lamp for the dining room
The kitchen or dining room is not just a place where people eat, but also a place for family and friendly meetings. Therefore, it is important that it be filled with comfort. Properly selected lamps are also responsible for the latter.
- The width of the luminaire should be approximately 1/2 to 2/3 of the width of the table top over which it is placed, and approximately 25 cm less than the width of the table at its widest point.
- The distance from the chandelier to the table surface should not be less than 80–90 centimeters if your ceilings are no more than 2.4 meters. Lights hanging too low create an oppressive feeling and it can be uncomfortable to be under them.
- For high ceilings: for every additional 30 centimeters of ceiling height, the chandelier rises 8-10 centimeters. Thus, it blends in harmoniously with the interior, without creating the feeling that it hangs too low or, conversely, too high and far from the table.
What size should the carpet be: rules for large and small rooms
Some people like light carpets with a high pile, others – thin and dark; someone prefers synthetics, and someone prefers wool. Regardless of different preferences, we want to draw your attention to the size of the carpets and their location in the room.
- The carpet under the dining table should be at least 60 centimeters wide and longer than the table so that the back legs of the chairs can rest on it even when the chairs are pushed back.
- Rugs under the bed should peek out 45-60 centimeters on each side. Agree, it is more pleasant to step barefoot on the carpet, and not on the cold floor.
- For large rooms: the carpet should never come close to the wall. The distance between the edge of the carpet and the wall should be 30-45 centimeters.
- If the room cannot boast square meters, make sure that the distance between the edge of the carpet and the wall is at least 20 centimeters.
Don’t be afraid to break the rules – show your creativity and have fun decorating. If in the process of transforming a room you find a solution that does not fit into the designated framework and norms, but you really like it, then this is what suits your interior. And do not forget that in the course of any activity it is important to always take breaks and switch so as not to burn out. To do this, you can go for a walk, and if you want thrills. This will help not only to get new emotions, but also to earn good money.